Thursday, January 30, 2014

Triple Skunk!

Howdy Folk's!

Yes, it's true.  I've been out to ice fish three times this year and I've been skunked all three times.


Let me tell ya, these southern fish just want to sleep down here till warmer weather arrives.  I can't say I blame em.



Gladys and I tried waking em up by clearing some snow off the ice so light would get in.  Also, we sprinkled oats in to try and get their attention.  Sadly, the breakfast and sunshine did not entice the fish to bite.


Oh, school was closed on this nice sunny day, due to the weather.  Was it just me, or did Duneland schools make us kids freeze?  Anyway, too cold for school, so I took the kids ice fishing. Gotta toughen kids up a bit these days.  Don't Judge.


Besides, Gladys was too warm and had a ball practicing her-- I got a fish on, look:


The next day, Jean and I tried the pond at Fall's park.  I thought for sure we'd get a slew of fish there.


We set the shanty up in the middle of the pond.  Also, had the tip-up out for catfish.  Not even a bite!


The highlight of the day was watching our snowpants steam dry with the lantern heat.  Smokin!


Getting skunked still beats hanging around the house and going nuts with cabin fever.  Besides, I now know where the fish are not; good to get that out of the way.  :)


My next post will have a fish in it!  Ya'all take care-- this could be awhile.


No comments:

Post a Comment