Thursday, September 8, 2016

Labor Day 2016

Hey!  Get a job ya Lazy Bum!


Francey Pants is usually laying about the house.  That is, when he's not to busy stealing ink pens and swatting them underneath furniture, never to be found again!


He's a motorcycle cat, equipped with his own kitty helmet!  Safety First!



Did I ever show ya'All the Strawberry Shortcake blanket I made for Gladys when she was a baby?  There's LOVE in the stitches!


Currently, I just finished doing some painting.  I decided to change a RIP to Boo on the pumpkin.  I find painting to be very relaxing.  One of these days, I will do an artwork post. 


I hope the birdies enjoy their new love shack!  ;-)


Troy has been teaching me the inns and outs of basketball.


My latest lesson has been perfecting a slam dunk!


Troy has it down!!!


Troy is a guy of many talents.  He recently took up trumpet playing.


On Labor Day there was a party at my house!  Glenn grilled out pork chops, which is Jean's favorite thing!  I have no idea what spices he put on them this time.
 

They were good though!


The mosquito's had a feast on Labor Day too!  I found a Themacell on clearance at Walmart and as I was handing it to the cashier for purchase a skeeter was biting my arm!  True Story! Smack 77, I keep a running count.


The grill was going, the sun was bright, and all that may have helped some, but I'm ready for sweater weather and falling leaves.  I'm ready for the skeeters to be to cold to bite me.


The big event at our Labor Day party was Croquet.


It might have been Matt falling through the trampoline, but Gladys pushed him off before that could actually happen!


Mom's macaroni salad was a BIG hit too!  I LOVE this stuff!  It never lasts long at any of our family gatherings.


Croquet has been a favorite game of mine since I was old enough to play!


The terrain can play an interesting part in the game.  Some people were trying to make paths for the ball to have an advantage. 


We had spectators hecklers.


I won the croquet game!  Troy played the victory tune!


At least Sophie congratulated me!


That evening, Jean and I went for a motorcycle ride. 


Verrrrrrooooooom roooooom  rommmmmm!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment