Thursday, August 18, 2016

Back to School

The kiddies have started school this week!!!  I took them to the doc, for the good ole check-ups, and they both passed with flying colors!


Remember the ole eye chart?  That was my favorite part of check-ups since it was relatively painless.


Also, I totally ROCKED at reading the eye chart!  I have my fingers crossed that holds true as I get older.  Both kids did very well! 


Poor Gladys had to have FOUR shots-- two in each arm!!!   OUCH!


I was driving along down a rural country road, and noticed what I thought to be a cat floundering about.  Of course, I stopped to rescue the poor cat, but it turned out to be just an empty Wal-mart bag!


Gladdie's 7th grade open house was a few days before school began.


She mastered the maze of hallways and found all her classes.


Then opened her locker a hundred times.


I carried out my motherly duties and embarrassed her.  JK  Seriously though-- Can I help it if I'm a social butterfly?  Her geography teacher seemed like a fun guy! ;-)


On that magical morning of the first day of school, poor Troy didn't want to spend ALL DAY away from me.  I'm sure it was cause he was going to miss me, sooo SAD.


Obviously, Gladys too, was all broken up about me having to cut those apron strings and send her on her way! 


After struggling to break free of their clinging, I ran into the house and locked the door; then secretly spied on them. :-)


When what to my wondering eyes should appear?  But a bright yellow school bus and FREEDOM my dear!


I totally enjoy myself a little "ME" time!  After the kids left, I relished in the piece of quiet and then attempted to perfect my bowling skills!  It was AWESOME! 


Troy's open house was a couple days after the start of school.  He showed me his classroom and I got to meet his teacher! 


I knew right away which desk was Troy's, as I recognized his self portrait! 
I really enjoy this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment