Monday, August 1, 2016

Huntington Beach, CA

Good Morning!

Today, I'm visiting Huntington Beach, which is about a ten minute drive from Hub's house!


Perhaps, you will see me, and my family, on Hollister's live beach cam!


Back in Indiana, overcast weather usually means storms.  Here in California, it's a typical morning, and the sun will be shining soon. 


I guess, in this part of the world,  it's referred to as June Gloom.


Watching the surfers was my favorite part of visiting Huntington Beach!


Watching the fishing was a close second, but the surfing seemed more exciting!


The pier accommodates fishers nicely; cleaning stations and bait cutting boards are some of the amenities.


A light breeze, and rhythmic ocean waves made being on the pier feel wonderful!


It's very relaxing.


Also, I found the troubadours along the way to be delightful!  They play an important role in the carefree ambiance of the pier!


After walking a ways toward the end of the pier, I realized-- wow, it's rather high up here!


I mean, it's not that high up, but as far as piers go, it's a good 45 foot drop to the water.


I could have spent more time watching the waves roll in and folk's surf.  Next time I visit, I'm planning on taking a surfing lesson or two!


And doing some fishing off the pier!


Holy Mackerel, these fish have there own kiddie pool! 


Guess what kind of fish they are?   Mackerel!


I kept my eyes open for dolphins and whales. 


I don't think I seen either, but they are fairly common sites from the Huntington Beach pier.  Although, I did see something, which I attempted to photograph.  It's the dark spot in the water:


Sea lions and seals were playing near the fishing lines.


They were both fun to watch as well.


But very hard to photograph!


We ate lunch at Ruby's, which is located at the very end of the pier.


It's kind of like an upgraded version of Steak' N Shake.


The food was very good!  Hub's favorite thing there is the peanut butter milkshake.


I had the best turkey sandwich ever!  It was served on parmesan sourdough bread and it was amazing! 


More people showed up on our way in, as did the sun!


This little dog reminded me of Sophie!  I hope Sophie is enjoying having Grandma time all to herself!


Check out this little dog-- livin the life, while his owner plays for food $$$:  (The dog looked well fed.)


Before we left, we browsed through tents of vendors selling a variety of arts and crafts.


Then we stopped to browse the auto dealership.  Hub is a finance manager, but it was his day off.


We went back to the hotel and did some swimming.


I could get used to this lifestyle.


A cabana boy is offering me a drink with a pretty umbrella, time to go!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment