Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Disneyland

We're Going to Disneyland!!!!


The classic Disneyland was the park I dreamt about visiting the most!


Lucky for me, I've now been to Disneyland a couple of times!


Their is something about the quality of Disney that makes this place magical!



We started out in Adventure Land.



The first ride of the day was a nice and easy Jungle Tour!


Incredibly, I remembered this ride from when I visited as a kid!


Troy was a Nervous Neally; probably from the Tower of Terror experience back at California Adventure.


Or, it coulda been due to the piranha infested waters we had to navigate through!


The next ride was totally scary for Troy! 


Pirates of the Caribbean!


The ride was just how I remembered it!  Awesome!


My favorite moment at Disneyland was when Glenn surprised me with a Mint Julep!  It's a refreshing beverage, with a minty zing!  Plus, the kids insisted that it's mouthwash, so I got to drink it all myself!  ;-)


We ate all our meals and snacks inside the park at different places.  Oddly, I didn't take many food pics.  I guess I was hungry and busy eating.  I will say, all the food I tried tasted really good.  In addition, the restaurants were so pretty and comfortable. 


The Haunted Mansion!  Wow, this place is grand! 


My pictures don't really do it justice!  The inside is cool, and definitely haunted!


Even the little kiddie rides, like Winnie the Pooh, were delightful-- such a colorful wonderland!


Glenn was all into Tomorrowland! (there's a shocker)


I'm actually not a Stars Wars fan.  Nor was I a fan of all the changes in Tomorrowland.  I miss my good ole Space Mountain!  :-(



Overall, I was fascinated with Disneyland.  I mean, who doesn't love a place with talking fish!  We rode the submarine! Nemo has been found, btw!  :-)


Oh, the poor seagull on the rock, in the above pic kept trying to wooo the fake, Mine seagulls!  It was rather hilarious!


It's a Small World was so awesome! 


I never knew the song was originally written as a prayer hymn!



It's a Small World was worth having the song stuck in my head for a week!!!  In fact, I think I even enjoyed that too!!!!

I love this ride!  80+ degrees out and we got ice fishing and walruses!



Let's head over to Toontown, shall we?



Toontown is where some of my favorite folk's live!!!


And mostly everything cracks me up here!  Check out Goofy's upside down post office box!


Now, I'm wondering why all these guys need post office boxes, when they have perfectly good residential mail boxes!?!  Well, except for Goofy, Troy accidentally crashed into his mailbox:


Goofy keeps fish in gas tanks!!!


Goofy's house was interesting to say the least!


And check out his goofcrow!


I cold live in this neighborhood, as it's one of my favorite places in the park. 


Did I mention we rode the monorail?  It goes to Downtown Disney and back.  We rode just about every ride, except a few in Fantasyland that closed before we could get to em.


I could have easily spent another day at Disneyland!  There's just so much to see and do there! 


Evening approached much to soon!  We had a delicious supper!


The weather was so nice.  Hub was right about how it feels like you're indoors, even when you're not!  Are the greenbeans greener at Disneyland?  I think they might be!


If I ever get to go back to Disneyland, I'm heading straight for the castle!  I didn't get to go inside it this time, as it closed early!


Way before dusk, people were claiming spots along the streets of Disneyland in anticipation for the Parade of Lights!


I couldn't sit still that long!  We rode rides up until the parade began!


As a result of waiting until the last minute, we didn't have a great view of the parade. 


The lights were bright, even viewing em from the back row!


If I could change anything about Disneyland, I would have to limit the number of guests, or expand the park to accommodate more guests.  Either of those ideas would have made for an even better experience, as the park was packed!


Disneyland brought me back some good memories and gave me plenty of new ones!


I found it amazing to remember so much, like Dad riding Space Mountain with me!  That was my favorite roller coaster for several years!  I think it scared the daylights out of both of us!  :-)


Hopefully, my kids have some great memories that they will get to recall from this day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment