Sunday, July 10, 2016

Avalanche on Catalina Island

Greetings once again, from the lovely Catalina Island!  Since the fishing was cut short, Glenn and I decided to explore the Island via golf cart!


We started out cruising along the cost!  The trail then winded around and up the mountain!


The views became more and more amazing the higher up we went!


I wanted to get closer to the edge, so Glenn drove us right off the road along the side.  I snapped a pic and flashed him the ready signal.  Instead of putting it in reverse, Glenn drove a few inches forward on accident!!!


The trouble was, those few inches forward drove us right off the edge of the mountain top!!!


The ground beneath our golf cart began to crumble!  Yikes!


Avalanche!!!  It really was a small avalanche.  Note:  Stay clear of the edges of mountain tops!


Luckily, we managed to survive, as we didn't go completely off the mountain's cliff!  We figured we did enough damage for the day, so after that we stayed on trails with railings!


Meanwhile, while we were shortening Catalina's mountaintop, the kids were busy at Knott's Berry Farm.  Hub had has own encounter with a big dude that didn't do very well at the basketball game!  Troy said, Dude, it's not that hard!  And then proceeded show him how it's done!  While I made sure Troy knew talking to his elders like that was rude, I secretly found the situation funny.  I'm not sure if it was the fact that Hub was placed in a parent role, or that Troy has impressive basketball skills and showed up an adult!


All in all, I guess the kids were good.  I'm pretty sure they were praying here:


Even though Glenn and I started a small avalanche and could have buried the village of Avalon, I think we made the right choice to go back to Catalina. 


Knotts Berry Farm looks intense!  

No comments:

Post a Comment