Thursday, November 21, 2013

Beauty Day!

Beauty days are awesome!  Today I had the luxury of being a guest at the Aveda Institute in Indy.  It brought back fond memories of my beauty school days way back in the late 80's. 

  

1988 I attended Jett College in TN.  Fun times, let me tell ya!!  I'd come home with a new "do" just about every day.  And in TN we were so poor we did not even own a vehicle, so to get by, I would frequently test drive a car from the lot across the street.  (A girls gotta get to the commissary for groceries and such.)  Beauty school was the only reason we were able to get away with this scheme, thanks to my daily disguises of enhancements.    


My favorite part of the Aveda experience was the massages.  They give complimentary massages with every treatment, I think, and then some.  I know my assigned beauty student, John, started off with a eucalyptus scalp and neck massage, a foot and hand massage, plus a hot stone treatment on each.  It was wonderful. 

 

Another thing worth mentioning is the pricing is super reasonable.  Super shiny nails and  I still had a bit of cash leftover for lunch at Freshii.  I got the Asian wrap:


Yumm.  Hopefully, this healthy wrap will counterbalance the DQ planned tonight for Glady's birthday supper.  She turned 10 today.  Her party is planned for this Sunday, so stay tuned.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment