Thursday, January 15, 2015

Fish Planet

Whoa, this month is flying by!  Fishing is a time warp-- when I have a rod in my hand, time goes by ten times the speed of normal. 

 

Sunday after church, Troy and I headed to Loomis Lake in Valparaiso.  Jimmy and Tim, had a head start and caught a good mess of fish!

 

Troy enjoys cleaning the ice out of the hole and then he tries to spot fish.  Sometimes, that does work, but it's not that easy to see fish in the weeds.

 

That's where a fish finder comes in handy!  Last year at the Perchin for Polio event I became hooked on fishing with a finder, thanks to Garrett. :)

Sunday, I had a break though with my Marcum, that is to say I began to feel confident in detecting fish coming up for the bite.

While I was getting it figured out, Troy and Garrett were reeling in the fish!
   
I caught a few, too!  It felt good to know those lines that I kept thinking were fish, actually ARE FISH!  :) 

Troy kept busy by helping release fish back to the fresh water. 


He found the bass to be intimidating at first, but after a few were caught, he became more comfortable touching them.

  
When he wasn't helping fish, or fishing, he was busy taking pictures. (Nope, not a mistake, he meant to pose the fish this way.)  :)

 

The little things that I have learned while fishing drives me to keep coming back for more. Suddenly, it's like a whole new perspective on fishing is occurring by successfully reading a finder, and I like it!
   
It's as if upon entering the ice, I'm walking onto another planet that I know very little about and it's all up to me to seek information in order to discover this exciting place!!!
  
Ahh, Fishing!!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment