Thursday, September 24, 2015

Grace Gets Hitched

The morning of Grace's wedding, I had mimosas and breakfast...


while watching Grace get all fixed up for her BIG day!


I got to paint kiddie fingernails!


 Three young ladies with pretty nails:



 I found the beauty preparations to be rather entertaining.
 

Grace had a great morning!


She was bubbling over with wedding day jitters.


And maybe a few Vodka soaked gummy bears:


I tried one of these soggy bears-- blah.


Gladys had that same reaction to hairspray.  She was like-- hairspray doesn't taste good!  Hehe



I'll tell ya what did taste good-- Sparkling Raspberry Champagne!


Actually, all the food I tried that morning was delicious, even the gummy bears had a good flavor, it was the soggy and mushy texture that I disliked.


 Y'all know that saying-- Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue?


 Grace had all her Somethings!  :-)


Can I still remember what mine were?  Umm, yeah, Grandmas old wedding band, a new wedding gown, borrowed hair flowers, and blue earrings.


 Is my little man handsome, or what?


 I got married in Arkansas.


 The weather that day was HOT. 


 Luckily, the weather for Graces wedding was perfect.


Looking back, I think it's funny how Arkansas was one of the few states I could get married in due to my young age.


The honeymoon was in Tennessee, where my new husband and I resided.


 We lived in Tennessee for 6 months before moving to Florida.


We had some great times!


  We were soooo poor when we married, that we would test drive cars in order to get around.


Lucky for us, there was a car dealership right across the street from our apartment.


Soo, whenever we needed to make a run into town (5 miles away), we would do a test drive.


Eventually, the sales folk at the dealership began to catch on to us. 


Again, lucky for us, as I was attending beauty school and had access to all sorts of disguising wigs and cosmetics.  ;-)


Sometimes a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do.  Anyways, it was fun.


Hey, speaking of fun-- check out Mom's glasses!


Hub and his girlfriend, Lisa, flew in from California.


Uncle Bobby and my sister, Roni:


Ohh, oooo, it's starting...


No one tripped.


The wedding went smoothly.


No AFV (America's Funniest Videos) footage here.


Troy was the ring bury-er.  Yes, he thought burying the ring might be his job.  It made as much sense to him as carrying a pillow with two fake rings sewn into it.?. 


The flower girls tossed petals.


Doesn't Jean look relaxed?  :-)  She may have been a tad nervous.


Dun, dun, dundun, Dunt dun dundun...



I'm not sure who actually walked who down the isle, as Glenn's hip was killing him.


Glenn is having his hips replaced soon, as the scope to fix the labral tear made it worse.


Have some flowers. ;-)


Freckles looks sooo happy!


If I wear sunglasses, maybe folks won't recognize me with this batch of hooligans!!!  ;-)


Lloyd and Mom-- don't they look good?


Grace got hitched!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment