Thursday, November 26, 2015

Gladdie's 12th Birthday!

The morning of Gladdies birthday it SNOWED!!!

 

The first snow of the year is an exciting event here!


Gladys requested me to make her a homemade ice cream cake.  The original recipe calls for Cool Whip Frosting; sadly, it's no longer available.  I made due, using regular frosting.  I think if I make this again, I will mix the frosting with whipped cream, as the cake was extremely rich.


 In honor of the first snowfall of the year-- I broke out my snowflake socks!

I couldn't stay inside.  I'm a total sucker for a beautiful winter wonderland.  Plus, I thought it might be a good idea to winterize the truck and get the ole ice scrapper handy.


Troy is showing me how he cleaned my truck off-- I got some work to do on him yet.  :-)


The kids didn't want to stay out n play.  So, I had to make my own snow buddy.  Soooo pathetic! I hope she likes to fish. ;-)


Gladys had an awesome birthday, we stopped at the little store in town for beverages, and discovered she is a celebrity!!  The smarty pants made the front page of the local newspaper!



 Roads were slick on our way to Mom's, but the drive was very scenic.



Every single, little, branch, got a good dusting of snow.  My little tree looked so magical in person!
 

Gladdie's birthday supper:


 She had a nice, casual birthday.


And got just what she wanted from Grandma.


 All that and cake too!


Say "hello" to the NEW 12 year old in the house-- Gladdie!!!


Did I ever mention Glady's refuses to get her haircut?  Not even so much as to get her ends trimmed!  She isn't taking any chances with the flames either.


We kid her about becoming Rapunzel, but in all seriousness, I think it's good to teach children, to do there own thing!  Politeness, and conformity has it's place, but I have no fear that Gladys will not hesitate about telling anyone to Back Off if she needs to.


She's my 12 year old!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment