Sunday, June 19, 2016

Beach Day

Hello, from good ole Indiana!  I know some of the followings pics may resemble the Pacific Ocean, but it's fresh water, Lake Michigan.  The vacation pics will be in the next post!


My Dad had told me, long ago, he thought Lake Michigan was the ocean when he was a kid.  Totally understandable, especially on a not-so-clear day when the Chicago skyline isn't easy to make out.


Even though it was a hot and humid 80+ degree day, the Lake water was freezing cold.  It doesn't phase my polar bear kids, but it does me!



A week after getting the back of my head shaved the design is no longer visible!  I knew my hair grew fast, but WOW!  (Pic was taken right before leaving for CA.)


Did Ya'All have a good Memorial Day? 


The in-laws had a lunch of fried chicken, potato salad, buttered bread and fruit.


Grace and Joe, and Glenn's brother, Matt, were all there.


Glenn and I became the UNDEFEATED NEW LADDER BALL CHAMPIONS!   Yes, the FIL and Troy was our competition, and so were Grace and Joe.  Stiff competition and we ROCKED! 


Most of the time, I scored points, occasionally I hit the motorhome.  Opps! 


I understand why we no longer play horseshoes.


Back to the beach---  I would miss insects, not skeeters or the pesky bugs, but the butterflies and lightning bugs for sure!  Check out how this one is camouflaging on my dress!


Doesn't this pic of Gladys remind you of a tabloid pic?  Let me know if you see it while waiting in line at the grocery store!



It may look like we had the beach all to ourselves, but that was hardly the case.


No other folk's, besides Gladys and Troy, would actually swim in the ice cold water!


Lake Michigan is a DANGEROUS lake due to a strong undercurrent.  People are warned not to swim while white caps are present.  Gladys is a very strong swimmer; even still I do not allow her to go out past her waist.  She is standing on the far edge of a sandbar.


I can see how deceiving this lake can be for those that are not aware of the dangers.    
   

When I wasn't in lifeguard mode (which is constant when the kids are swimming in Lake Michigan) I was searching for pretty rocks and Indian beads.  I did find a couple!  I forgot to take pics at the time though. 



Back at home, still dreaming of the weather in Hub's neighborhood, I can't help but to think-- perhaps Disney has the city of Anaheim climate controlled!  I don't know.  I will say that the humidity in Indiana does this girl's skin good! ;-)


Glenn grilled out spicy chicken for supper.


And corn on the cob.  Which, btw, I officially like corn grilled with the husks on better than without the husks.  The corn cooked better inside the husks and as a result it was juicier.


Gladys and her friend relaxing-- it looks like summertime to me!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment