Friday, June 17, 2016

California Bound

Hi!  I'm home from California!!!  The vacation was fun, natch! 

Before I left I had just got a new haircut, and I wasn't crazy about it.  However, I now like it.  The design, at first reminded me of a pineapple, but thankfully my hair grows very quickly as you will see in the future posts.


Of course, I'll write all about vacationing in CA, but first lets get all caught up on the pics before the vacation.  Breaking News:  Gladys found the PERFECT DRESS to wear to the 6th grade dance!  Orange is soo her color.


In other news, I had myself a new pet bird-- at least for a few minutes!  Trailblazers new hood ornament?


Oh my goodness, the weeks leading up to vacation, my head was filled with thoughts of Disney!  I was more excited than the kids.  Yes, visiting with my oldest son was top priority and that was exciting too!


One of these days, I'm going to have to write out an actual recipe for how I make this cucumber and tomato salad.  It's sooo good, and around here, it's a summertime staple. Basically, it consists of white wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. 


Grilling out is awesome!  I'm still experimenting with new grilling techniques-- currently for corn on the cob.  I think I like grilling it with the husks on best, but I also like the grill marks on the corn.  More on that topic in future posts as well.


France likes sunbathing, but doesn't think much of being on a tie out. 


Hub, oldest son, tells me California doesn't have any bugs in his neighborhood!  Really, no insects?!!


Another thing he said, in which I found AMAZING and I couldn't wait to test out, was that being outside feels exactly like being inside!  Really, is the weather in his neighborhood that perfect?


In the meantime, before heading out to the land of indoor weather that's outside, I hung out in my own humid with a slight breeze (for the moment, as it's Indiana)-- backyard.


I'm thinking if my kid is speaking the truth, than I might not wanna come back home.  Also, what on Earth do frogs eat in California?  And how does anyone know how far away the thunderstorm is if there aren't any crickets?  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment