Tuesday, June 21, 2016

On the Way to CA


EEEEeeeeee, finally it's time to fly!  I packed so light, all I had was my two carry-on bags allowed by United.  I have been known to go away for a couple days, really only needing to pack 3 outfits, but have packed like 30, just to be safe!  I'm not sure why, but I was at peace with bringing the bare minimum.  One thing that helped me through this minimal outfit crisis was how I packed!   


In the above pic, I have a top and pants that I planned to wear as an outfit.  I added a hoodie to it and folded the entire ensemble up together.


Bundling my outfits saved time in the mornings because I didn't have to hunt for what I wanted.  I just grabbed whatever was on top and hey-- it was a coordinated bundled outfit!


Most of my outfits I was able to roll up together into nice n' neat, little handfuls.  I was amazed by how well that worked out for me!


The flight was scheduled to leave Chicago at 6:30 AM.  We left the house at 2:30 AM!   Ughhh.  Mainly because we wanted to allow plenty of time to get through airport security.   Plus, O'Hare Airport is a good hour drive from the house.


 Lines to go through security check points were long-- even in the middle of the night!


I gotta tell Ya'all about the airport bathroom!  The ladies room had automatic toilet seat covers! 


Security was very tight.  An agent sniffed Troy and his bags very thoroughly.


Somehow, we managed to make it past all the security check points and onto Rainbow Road Level!!!  I did feel a bit like I was in a 90's throwback playing Nintendo's Mario Bro's.  It was somewhat challenging to watch the ceiling change colors, while carrying bags, and attempting to walk on the mobile sidewalk.  I felt very skilled. 


Flying is exciting for me!


The wait at the gate wasn't very long. 


It just seemed like it, because we were all eager to be on our way.


This is it-- time to board!!!  I've been on several flights in my life and each time, I still get nervous.


I got to sit next to Troy! 


Him and I were busy looking out the window.


Flying is amazing!


The views were spectacular!


 WOW!


Hey-- I see PacMan! 


The altitude didn't bother me, but it made Gladys go crazy.


She was trying hard not to smile here:  (I know that poker face!)
 

When we reached the desired altitude, the flight attendants passed out complimentary snacks. 


I had never had a caramel filled waffle treat like this before.  It was good and the perfect size to be warmed up top a hot cup of coffee.



The view of the landscapes were incredible and constantly changing.

 
Troy probably couldn't take anymore of me oooouuuuiii and ahhhing; we traded seats.


The Rocky Mountains:


The Grand Canyon:


Peaks and valleys:



Heaven:


Jean took some pics from her window of the plane.


I was busy.  ;-)



I don't know what it was that put me to sleep; must have been the coffee.  


Turbulence was intense at times while flying over rough terrain like mountains and canyons.  It was about as bumpy as riding a trotting horse.



And then WE CRASHED!



The plane fell right out of the sky!!!


Nooo, we didn't crash!  I just wanted to see if Ya'all were paying attention.  ;-)


The landing wasn't too bad.


Los Angeles had a haze in the sky.  Weather was a bit overcast that morning.  I came to find out that is how Anaheim is EVERY morning.  It rarely ever rains there, but the mornings are misty until about 9AM.


We landed safely at LAX Airport.



Hub was waiting for us! 


He drives a Lexus and it has a SNOW button!!!  No, snow doesn't fall from the sky even if you press it 100+ times. 


Hub made sure we were all set by lending us his car, and checking us into the Hilton, before he had to head off to work.


We dropped him off at his house, which is actually on the grounds of Disneyland! 


Before parting ways for the evening, he programmed his car to take us to Which Wich, for a bite to eat.  It was sooo cool seeing palm trees again.  The weather was absolutely perfect and being outside did feel like I was indoors!!!


Check lists are trending now along the west coast!



My Wich was delicious!


I didn't see any bugs either!  So far, Hub was right about his neighborhood in CA not having insects or rain!


Hub's fancy car drove us back to the Hilton so we could go swimming.  A few hours later, after we finally figured out how to open the trunk of his car, we were able to get our bags out and put on swimwear too!  :-)     Yes, Really!


The first day went by quickly, as did all of them!  After swimming, we all fell asleep for the rest of the night.  Para sailing was on the agenda for the next morning and I could hardly wait!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment