Thursday, February 20, 2014

Chicken N Noodles

Spring is right around the corner and I will be welcoming it with open arms!  As I watched the sunrise today, I cracked the kitchen window to hear the sounds of dripping water (music to my ears) from the ice melting off the roof. 


Today the high, here in Pendleton, reached a lovely 59 degrees F.  The front yard still had a blanket of snow as of 8AM.

However, by 2PM this afternoon the backyard was a lake.
  
 I have missed this "no hat" weather and couldn't resist spending the day outside.  After a long hike through the trails at Fall's park, I went to the quarry to see how the ice was holding up.


I noticed puddles forming near the boat ramp guide posts.  


I drilled a test hole off the dock.  The ice was thin, very rotted, and easy to cut through.  I did not see any signs of fish. 


What did catch my attention was a pesky mosquito that tried to land on my eyeball.  Yes, really, a snow mosquito.  Guess I know what fly to break out first.  :)


Sophie went to the quarry with me, but she refused to leave the porch of the cabin.


When it was time to head out, I carried her to the truck.  She was so funny, because she kept dog paddling in my arms, like she had to swim her way. 
 

At home, supper was in the slow cooker.  Man, I really like using that thing! 


This morning I tossed in chicken, cream of chicken soup, a lil' butter, and a few shakes of garlic power.


 Then I come home to the aroma of garlic and chicken.  The chicken comes out just right and I can practically cut up with just a fork.
 

I cut all the chicken into bite size pieces, added chicken broth and noodles, for one delicious supper.

  
Usually, I serve Chicken N Noodles over mashed potatoes as I did tonight, but it's good over anything. 


Chicken N Noodles

Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 stick of butter
2 15 oz cans chicken broth
24 oz. frozen egg noodles
 1/4 tsp. garlic powder

Directions:

Cook chicken, soup, butter, and garlic powder in crock-pot on low for 6-7 hours. Take chicken out and shred. Put chicken back in; add broth, and noodles and cook on low for 2 hours. Stir a few times while cooking.



















No comments:

Post a Comment