Friday, September 19, 2014

Pumpkin Princess

Hi There!  

No Worries, everyone is okay now.  Grace, my oldest daughter, had a severe asthma attack.  She was released from the hospital today, after being there for several days. (Thank Goodness!)


Lately, if it's not one thing, it's another.  Gladys too, is doing much better as she convalesces.  In fact, so much so, she went bowling the other day.


Bowling is something I do more of in the winter to help cure cabin fever. 


However, the kids were eager to visit Inman's once again; their old play land.


It's a good thing I had a chance to practice, because I really need to. Troy, and his bumper lined lane, beat me.  Shhhhh.


Gladys has also been busy running for Pumpkin Festival Princess! 


She organized her friends together and they all had fun working on decorating cans for the donations.


 The girl with the most pennies (votes) in her can, becomes the new Pumpkin Princess.


The decorated cans were placed at the businesses around the little town of Westville.


All two of them, (grin).  JK-- Westville is growing and we placed a total of 12 cans around town.


Gladys is having a good time running for Pumpkin Princess.

As for me, I've dressed our cement yard ornament in a cow costume.

And have been busy parting with treasures I've collected over the years.  I don't know why I like antiques so much, but I just do.  I guess it's because I appreciate the handmade craftsmanship of things like this beauty:
 
 
I'm guessing the all wood toolbox is from the turn of the century circa 1900.  Doesn't it just say organize something?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment