Monday, September 29, 2014

Barn Sale

Hello!  I hope everyone had a good weekend.  Mine was busy, tiring, and fun-- I had a sale with my nephew, Robbie and his wife, Janet, at there place.  


Mom, Roni, Jean and her friends also joined in.  Usually when our family has a garage sale, it's kind of like a big swapping of things between relatives, with the occasional outsider purchasing something-- like a Tupperware lid for 10 cents.


However, since I now live in a small house, I've been parting with things left and right.  And I have no plans to replace them.  The sale was a big hit both weekends and we plan to do one more before winter, as I had so much inventory, not everything got unpacked.



Gladys helped to draw people in as she practiced a gymnastic routine on the sidewalk.  :)



The kids also kept busy by selling lemonade.


Every evening of the sale I was soo tired.  This past Saturday evening, I went to visit a friend, Kristen, whom I hadn't seen in what I thought was 27 years. While I was visiting with Kristen, she told me we used to work for the state together as officers.  Shockingly, I do not remember working with her.  I want to, and I can recall other events in that time frame.  I wish I knew how to recall memories of working with her.  


After leaving Kristen's place, I got lost heading to Laporte.  Dang it-- what is happening to my memory these days?  I was on my way to see the movie, Heaven Is for Real, at the old theater (which is now a church), thanks to Pastor Mike Sutton.  He has made some positive change in the community.  The outreach movie night was a full house!

Sunday, it was back to the sale, and I was giving things away, (or trying to anyhow).


Customers flowed in and bought a considerable amount. 



If anyone so much as inquired about an item, I made sure they went home with it.  I kept expecting to see things looking empty, and that didn't happen until the very end.


Come Sunday evening, everything outside was cleared away except for a few piles left to donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment