Thursday, September 4, 2014

Hornets

Well, I am still alive.  And I am still sick.  :(
 

I've been told my precious children are like vermin when they go to school-- in that they carry home all kinds of infectious bacteria. 


I don't know where I got this illness from, I just want it gone.


The pics are from a conservation park in Valparaiso, where the kids and I went hiking before I got sick.
 

Gladys wasn't enjoying exploring a new trails.  She was in a bad mood that day.


I thought it was such a pretty place, but I tend to feel that way about most woods.


We even encountered some wildlife, but I wasn't quick enough with the camera. 


The beaver and birds all took off before I could get their pics.


After a short hike, Troy began to freak out because he thought we would never find our way out of the woods.  (Like we're always getting lost in the woods???)   Anyway, I took him back to a clearing and we ate lunch.  Afterward we made a direct line to the trail head and went home.  :(

Back at the house, I noticed a pile of rubbish in the front yard.  
 


A closer look revealed a hornet's nest.  The kids thought it would be clever to put the fire pit cover over them.  They still found a way in and out of their house. 



The hornets were exterminated today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment