Friday, August 29, 2014

The Flu

Bad news; we have the flu around here. 


Sophie and Dustball are fine though.  Everyone else in the house has a hurt head and feels like throwing up at the mere mention of f o o d.  Including me-- BLAH.


Besides being ill with what I hope is just a short lived virus, I've been busy sorting through stuff.  Trying to decide what I'm keeping and what I'm not.


I found an old hat box with... you guessed it... old hats.  :)


Also a set of new gloves; yay!  


I am thinking I may be a borderline hoarder wanna be.  It's doubtful I'll ever wear a bridal headpiece.  Yet, why do I feel like keeping it??  I guess because it's vintage and pretty.  Heck, it's not even from my own wedding. 


I like this one too:


Looking at bridal stuff makes me want to get married.  Okay, that's it, they must be sold.  (I've already been married 2.5 times to the same guy, and going for 3 he's apt to throw in the towel.)     


Now the vintage black velvet hat on the other hand provokes no marital thoughts whatsoever.  Therefore, it's a Keeper.  :)


In other news, Troy has new ride, that he is borrowing from a friend:


It's his first time riding a mini bike.  I had just called Mom to come over and operate on my foot.  She's been preforming surgeries for years now.  Anyways, I had a piece of glass in the bottom of my foot and she fixed me up.  Then Gladdie, comes inside screaming, because a wasp had stung her in the eye.  After we got her set up with an ice pack.  Troy comes in and invites us all to watch him learn to ride a mini bike.  We thought maybe Mom was going to be preforming surgeries all night, but it turned out that Troy's a pretty good driver.

Do Ya'all remember the pawpaw I bought at a farmers market in Bucanon, Michigan?   Well, it never ripened how I thought it would.  It just turned this color and became hard as a rock.?. 


With us being sick here, no one has much of an appetite anyways.  Except Sophie.  Have I ever told Ya'all that she loves tissues?  She does.


Tissues are her favorite thing to DESTROY!   If someone sneezes in the house, Sophie will run over to them, and when they least expect it, she will steal their tissue.  Of course she denies doing such an act, but the proof is on her chin.


She's lucky she's such a cutie.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment