Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter 2015

Easter!!!!  I Love Jesus!!  I've yet to figure out how bunnies and eggs represent The Resurrection.  I'll take it though, cause I like the idea of a heavenly eternal life, bunnies and eggs. 


Back in the day, I used to raise sweet Angora Bunnies.  I harvested the fur, by grooming them, and made yarn.  Then I developed a terrible allergy to bunnies and found them all new homes. :(


The kids and I got ready for the Easter bunny to visit us.  Lucky, that's one rabbit that my allergies do not have a problem with.


Some of the eggs, we painted with brushes, others got dipped in dye.


The kiddies had fun creating cool colors with the food coloring.


They loved coloring eggs and treated it like serious business!


I had fun too.  Like my minion?


I like Glady's minion better.  It reminds me more of that time Sid became a mother to a trio of dino eggs in the movie, Ice Age 2, than it does minions though.


All set for the Easter Bunny!!!


Easter morning, I tried a new hairstyle:


And served up a plate of fresh fruit with breakfast.  I love fresh pineapple.


The pineapple was so sweet, it made the other fruits taste sour!


After church, Gladdie and I had an egg salad competition.  Lucky Troy got to be the judge.  Gladys made her egg salad with almost an entire bottle of sweet pickle relish.  That is how she likes it and as a bonus it gives it a unique pastel shade of green:


I'm more of a traditional type of gal and went the classic egg salad route:


Troy had trouble deciding on the egg salad he liked the best.  It was all yummy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment