Friday, April 10, 2015

Michigan City Harbor

Looking back and reading my fishing journal from my past few outings, my buddy Mark has really been consistent at catching fish in the harbor.
 


I have had the longest harbor skunk run--EVER!  And that's about to change.  I'm talking sammin and trout fishing here.  I'd even count a little one at this point.


Last week, I had the chance to fish the harbor and I kept running into issues with my line.  I had thought I had all that worked out after re-spooling new line when it gave me trouble at the Winter Rebellion.  Josh and Alan make it look so easy.  It's like my fishing line goes nuts on me each time I get within 20 feet of the harbor!


The good that comes from this lesson, is I know how important line type is now.  I'm experiencing first hand the what and the whys behind braided thread, fluorocarbon and mono. Up until this point, variations in fishing line was all as clear as mud to me.  That is to say it was one confusing mess and I never knew what kind of line to use or what I actually needed; now I know!


Troy and Sophie came with me.  Troy wasn't all that interested in fishing though.  It's too bad, cause I'm pretty sure their was a fish down there waiting to visit him.


Sophie enjoyed the new surroundings and patiently waited for me to catch a fish.  It's too bad I didn't get any.  :(


Still, it was nice to be enjoying the weather, fishing, and talking with friends.


When Troy and I got home that evening, the neighborhood kids flocked to the trampoline!  :)


Troy and I had fun bowling the other day too. 


I was taking a shot of my new bowling shoes and for some reason it came out like this:

Weird!  

No comments:

Post a Comment