Sunday, July 19, 2015

Plainfield, Indiana

Hiya, from Plainfield, Indiana!
The three hour drive south was uneventful, but scenic for Glenn, Troy and I. 



The day before we left I got a anklet-- of bug bites.  Ugghhh! Chlorine will probably help-- at least that's what I tell the kids when they have booboos.


The first day was all about relaxing at the pool.


The agenda was fairly empty for Troy and I, which is just how we liked it.  ;-)


My little swimming man was very happy with all the pool time he could handle!  (He's striking a pose, the Little Ham, trust me, he's happy!)


 We swam, and gabbed, and swam some more.  :-)


I think my Guardian Angel might be showing a little in this pic:


The next day, Troy and I got up bright n' early and fished at Hummel Park; near the hotel.  I see you little frog!


Not only was a little frog hanging out, but a HUGE Black Snake was resting in the weeds near the water!

 

Both critters hung around for the entire hour and watched us, as we fished there.
 

After catching (and releasing) all the bluegills we could handle at Hummel Park, we decided to go check out some other sights in the area.


We came across a shopping area known as Metropolis.  That name cracked me up, because it reminded me of a city that seemed to be likely in a cartoon.


The shopping area was abandoned.  I reckon it was due to us being there at 7AM Eastern Time.  Well, we were early birds that day, and decided to take a ride over to Eagle Creek.

 

Our first stop at Eagle Creek Park was Lily Lake.  



We fished our way around the park, and spent most of the day there.

 

On the way back to the hotel, my cell reception decided to stop working!  As a result, I no longer had access to Google Maps, which I was relying on to guide us back.  Since, I am sooo good with directions and all (sigh, go ahead and roll your eyes), I decided to just follow a plane that was coming in for a landing.  After all, our hotel was near the airport.
 

Well, that genius plan of mine didn't exactly work out all that good. However, it did led us to the general vicinity and we happened upon Solaris Park.  Which, I made a note to revisit, because it looked very inviting.  Luckily, a nice person helped us find our way back to the hotel.  To be sure, I wouldn't get the directions wrong, I photographed them.  Yes, really!


That evening, Troy and I met up with Beefcake at Glenns Glenn at Beefcakes.  The time change really threw us off.  It seemed like 5PM, but really it was like 8PM. 


Anyway, it was my first time ever eating there.  I thought the lights were cool.


Glenn claimed that something was wrong with Troy and I, cause the little man order a grilled cheese with pickles, and I had a salad.


What can I say, sometimes we're just crazy like that!


The evening went by quickly. 


We did some shopping and a went for another dip in the pool, before turning in for the night. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment