Thursday, July 30, 2015

Wanatah Fireworks

Gladys and I took a shopping trip to Lighthouse Mall in Michigan City, Indiana.


Where we took really really bad photos of our fashion montage.


Including cool hats!


Later on that day, the kiddos, Glenn and I went out to the Wanatah Fireworks celebration.


Evening was approaching and the clouds in the sky didn't look to promising.


To ease the torture of waiting for the fireworks to began, we checked out the creek.


I couldn't really see any fish, but I bet someone in there would have rode the hook.



Troy and Gladys had front row seats, (which they have pretty much outgrown) for the fireworks display!


I used to live in Wanatah several years ago, and the fireworks display was outstanding back then!


It's funny, how after 4 years, I come back and I'm shocked by how much the kids I used to know have grown and changed.


Troy's favorite game there was Dunk the Bozo.  Although, he didn't want to actually play the game, he only wanted to stand next to the dunk tank with the anticipation of getting soaked from the splash!


As the time grew closer, the clouds grew fuller!


Finally the fireworks show began with Tapps and a 21 Gun Salute to honor the fallen service members.  A flag made of fireworks was part of the opening celebrations-- just as it's been since I could remember.

 

The show proceeded with a BANG, and ooooohhhs & ahhhhhs from the spectators!
 




Some fireworks were so loud, they made the Earth shake!  And it must have busted open a few clouds too, cause it began to rain.


While getting wet, we played a round of Guess What the Next Color Will Be?, and I didn't do to well.  It was much easier to guess the color at the Fortville fireworks last year since they only had two colors (red or green) to pick from. Seriously.  Last year was fun anyways, I thought the red and green was nice and Christmasy.   


The Wanatah Fireworks was just as spectacular as ever!  The rain was short lived, and we all enjoyed the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment