Friday, July 31, 2015

Kankakee Carps

Hello!
I'm driving out to the river, and on the way I spot a bottle-nose, soft-shell, turtle sunbathing! 


I should have put something next to him, so Y'All could see how really big he is!  I've seen lots of these turtles over the years, but usually only spot them in the water.


Todd fished a mud puddle with Troy and I.



A puddle filled with active fish-- that is!


We caught a few carp there.


Troy was the net man.


The muddy water made it tough to see what was in there, until it was reeled in.


Sometimes we would see huge fish swimming with their backs out of the water, or part of a tail fin now a then.


Troy hooked into a really BIG fish!  He fought the fish for a few minutes before it snapped the line!


Before leaving I stopped to check out another favorite spot.  Do you see the fish? 




Too many fish and not enough time!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment