Saturday, July 12, 2014

Exciting River Float

I cut a bouquet of Hydrangeas yesterday to celebrate some very good and exciting news!  


My husband, Glenn, got a new job, still working for the state of Indiana, but in a different capacity. 


He called me as I was driving to the river.  He also told me that we are moving... tomorrow!

 

This is what a canoe looks like after someone went over the dam in it:


The guy survived, but was badly injured.  We were not going near any dams.


Instead, we gathered our floatyloats, life vests, sunscreen, and rope for a relaxing day on the river.


I packed drinks and snacks and put the life vests to work carrying the cooler bag.


We got in the White River at Potters Bridge, and floated for what we thought would be just a couple hours.


In reality, it took us almost five hours to reach our destination!


So, after a few hours past, nature called.


I'm wearing a swimsuit and soaking wet in the river.


I figured, what the heck, I'll just pee here in the river.


I distance myself a bit from the group, respectfully.


Then, as I'm concentrating on peeing in the river, I notice Justin has disappeared.


I ask Jean where he went, and she started giggling.  Then told me he was right behind me ready to flip over my tube.  I suggested he wait for me to finish peeing first.  That was the end of the that!  :)


After peeing on Justin, we stopped for a rest and stretch on an island. 


Justin found an old iron thing and asked me what it is.  I told the kids it was an olden-day flip flop, since that is what we have been mostly finding.


I did discover the tree of fishing lures and rescued all that wasn't rusted into the tree.


It's a pretty place, even though the water was murky.


We had fun exploring, but my mind kept replaying the phone call I got from Glenn earlier that day.


Then all of the sudden, it hit me, we are moving... tomorrow


Oh crap, I'm stuck out on a never ending river float, and I still got stuff to pack!


The heck with packing!


I reclined back on my floatie tube, and watched Gladdie surf imaginary waves.


She's quite the daredevil child.


My mind wonders more, I'll go home and finish packing the living rm, bedrooms, kitchen, basement, upstairs, and rec room, then we'll leave in the morning.  Yeah, that's gonna work-- NOT!



Nonono, that won't work.  What if I just packed the essentials-- toothbrushes, underwear, and flyrod, that should do it!


Sheesh, tomorrow is like the next day!  Yeah, it IS the next day!


Then, my deep in thought mind gets interrupted with blood leaking from my kids nose.



She tried kissing Justin and it didn't go well.


Do you ever get the feeling that sometimes mother nature is helping ya out?  I do.


Poor Troy was scared of the river. 


He dealt with being scared by sleeping almost the entire trip.


Also, we found out that my snake chasing Gladys is scared as can be of dragon flies.


And leeches!
 


Gladdie came up from a swim and had a leech stuck to the side of her face.  Blah!  She didn't even notice it was there until I told her about it.


After the leech incident, she seemed to admire Troy and his sleep tactic.


Wouldn't it had been something if a big ole bass tried to eat the leech from Gladdies face and got stuck to her too! 


Bass fishing would never be the same for Gladys.


We stopped near an old bridge to take another rest from the hard work of river floating.  Hehe :)


Something tells me, it might be awhile before I get another chance at some R & R.


When we reached our destination, Justin found a cute baby toad.  Rescue me-- Ribbit!  We moved the little critter out of the way of my truck tires.


Then we all went to the Hut for pizza.  Yeah, Troy is wearing a Grinch housecoat in public, in the middle of July.  That's how he rolls. Besides, the dude survived floating the river with it's leeches and dragon flies!  :)


Good Memories! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment