Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Browsing the MEN'S Room

Hey Ya'all! 

Sorry for the lapse in posts.  I've been rather tied up with moving lately.  Also, the new house didn't have Internet until recently.  I'm connected now though! :)


Sooo, three truckloads and several worn out friends later I am now moved to Westville, Indiana.  Almost... I still have one last trip and a few things left to bring.  Good thing I sold most of the furniture!  :)    Seriously!


Dustball wasn't thrilled with the move.  He sang for the entire three hour drive-- MEeeeeOooowww!


I drove my truck and hauled the pontoon.  On the first corner I accidentally clipped a ONE WAY sign.  Dang it, those signs make lots of noise against a metal pontoon.  Eh, at least I was going the right way.


Sophie wasn't thrilled with the move either, she has been giving me the evil eye lately.


Let me tell ya though, it was good to be back home.  The first stop at home was the park in Westville. We waited there and picked berries, while Glenn went to get the key to the house.
 

I had no idea what the place we are moving into would be like.  As our planned housing isn't ready for us yet.


Also, when the state prepares your housing, you really never know what you'll get. 


I have stayed in everything from the barracks of a cell house to military housing of elected officials.  It's an adventure... like camping.


The nice thing about living at prison housing is there isn't any worries about funds to keep the place up.  Everything is taken care of.  If a pipe bursts, inmates come fix it.  If the yard needs mowed, inmates mow it.


Well Folks, here is my new house:


After taking a quick look around the small two bedroom house, we helped Jean move into Grandma's house, as planned.  John and Thomas gave us a hand.


Would Ya'all like to see the inside of the new pad?  Here's the living room:  (Moving is messy Folks!)




Bathroom:


Kitchen and my sister, Veronica:


Little bedroom, (love the built-ins):


At first I thought the kids could share a room.  They can't, not peacefully anyways.  :-/ 


 Luckily, there is an office, which is now Gladdie's room.  It's off the living room.


I found some comfy secondhand furniture.


Good thing I photographed it, as I have a feeling it won't remain white for long.


Sophie likes it, she is now into keeping the house squirrel-free.


This last trip to Pendleton and back, Veronica, aka Roni, and Mom, went with me to help out/entertain. 


Roni suffers from multiple sclerosis, but she doesn't let it bother her.  In fact, I was concerned, because she just had a major seizure right before the trip.  Anyways, we made our first road trip stop at a gas station.  I walk in and expect to see Roni and she is nowhere to be found.  We checked the ladies room--nope.  Finally we spotted her coming out of the MEN'S room!  I asked her, "What were you doing in the MEN'S room?". She replied, "Just Browsing".  True Story!



Yeah, you men out there can thank me now.  I kept better tabs on Roni the rest of the trip.  :)


I still had Mom to deal with.  Mom, my very own mother, is Trouble.
 

The two of them (Mom and Roni) combined is dangerous, and then ya throw in a dash of Jean-- yikes!  I'm surprised I survived the trip.


The first night at the hotel we almost got kicked out for riding the luggage carts in the hall.  Let me clear that up-- Mom, Roni and Jean were riding on a luggage cart. 


Then I decided to call Audry, another sister, and wish her a Happy Birthday on speaker phone.  She asked what we had been drinking, and no one had any intoxicating beverage. It's just how they are.  :)


Lot's of laughing!  Some packing miraculously managed to get done too.


And to ad to the crew, Jean's friend, Jamie, joined us from Chicago.


Giggling girls and razzing Roni about browsing in the men's room, makes for a fun trip.  She told us that us girls had to go where the action is--  to find some muscle to help out with loading the truck. 


I was almost sorry, I didn't shop the men's room after loading that truck; owww, my sore body!








No comments:

Post a Comment