Sunday, November 9, 2014

River Fishing

Brrr, Halloween was a chilly, snowy, blowy kind of day.  Do ya'all see that sleet coming down? 


The light snow cover didn't stay around long.


It was just enough to remind everyone that it's on the way.


I took the kiddies trick or treating; the weather was participating with intermittent howling winds.


Most mornings, the ground has had a cover of frost here lately.


By the afternoon, the sun has things thawed out a bit.  I donned my neoprene's and fished Salt Creek.


The steelhead were not interested in biting while I was there.


Before I knew it, it was time to leave.  A bit later that same day, I fished a southeast stretch of the Kankakee River-- without getting shot!


Regardless of the fact I didn't get a single bite, it was nice being out on the water.


Sometimes the smaller channels have a few surprises in store; not this time though.

I got off the water as the sun was coming down.


Both fishing sessions were fairly brief.  Although, it most often seems I run out of time before I run out of the will to fish.  


Back at the house, I was greeted by 2 Indian Geese. A Momma:


And a Baby:


Yes, it's true.  I've resorted to raising cement fowl.  I will say that they don't eat much and the coons aren't interested in em.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment