Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Carrot Cake

Yummm, CAKE!!! 





I've had lots of company here lately, and thought I'd bake a cake to serve.


But... it couldn't be just any cake.  I needed it to be at least somewhat healthy.  And of course it HAD TO BE DELICIOUS.


By making a few tweaks with the recipe, I managed to do both successfully!


I will say, this cake does not taste like it's health food by noooo means.  Probably because it's not!


I did replace 1 cup of oil with applesauce and added extra carrots.  Y'all know that has to count for something, amIright? :)


This cake turned out super moist and just perfect.


How can a gal go wrong with both pineapple and carrots?


Soo, have ya ever bought organic fruit and veggies at the store only to come home and find out they are just regular doughnuts?  Hahahaha, I crack me up.  :) 


Yes, I know my photography skills need work.  Trust me, it's yummy.


This picky eater could not get enough of it:

Carrot Cake

Ingredients:

  •  2 cups all-purpose flour
  •  1 1/2 cups sugar
  •  2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  •  1 teaspoon baking soda
  •  1/2 teaspoon salt
  •  3 eggs
  •  1/2 cup canola oil   
  •  2 cups finely grated carrots
  •  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  •  1 cup undrained crushed pineapple
  •  1 cup applesauce
  •  1 cup chopped nuts
  •  CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
  • 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
  •  5 tablespoons butter, softened
  •  2 cups confectioners' sugar
  •  1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
  • In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, applesauce,carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. Stir in pineapple, and nuts.
  • Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
  • For frosting, beat cream cheese and butter in a small bowl until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Sprinkle with additional nuts. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment