Saturday, March 28, 2015

Spring Coho Shenanigans

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

I know this post will be scheduled about a week later, but have a happy day anyways!  ;)

St. Patrick's Day was fun.  I went to the Michigan City Harbor and the lot was pretty much bare:


The water didn't look so good either:


Sometimes these stained waters can still be productive though.


It was a nice peaceful morning; perfect for fishing/yoga.


Fishing/yoga is where I try to hold a pose until either my bobber reaches the end of it's drift, or until I see people staring at me funny; whichever happens first. :)


I did fishing/yoga in every place I could get to along the harbor.


Occasionally, the ice bergs would chase me away.


Sophie does fishing/yoga too. 


I'm still trying to get the hang of catching fish in the harbor.


I like how I can cast right from the car though.


Sophie does too!  :)


She's such a good girl.  Although I keep asking her to get her bangs trimmed and she just won't do it.  It's her protective shield against Snowball. :)


We went for a hike out on the pier.  The dark sand is actually sand mixed with ice and known as shelf ice.


Crazy people were out there walking on the dangerous shelf ice.  It has weak spots that they could become trapped in if they fall through-- to open Lake Michigan water.  Rescue teams filled the area and the people were in big trouble.


Meanwhile, Sophie and I fished from the pier with Joe.


The ice bergs kept moving in, and then out, and then back in.  After a bit, Sophie and I decided it was time to get out the flyrod and find some fish in the creek.


And we did!!!  I had several hits on the orange and gold jig fly.


I only managed to land one though.  Sophie isn't worth a darn as my netman!  :)  She don't take very clear pics either:


She was a pretty fish when I caught her.


I was told lemon, butter, pepper and parsley was the way to go.  I had everything but the parsley. 



I did a foil wrap and baked the salmon.


Mom and Lloyd told me it turned out delicious!


Lemon Fish and Lemon Bars for dessert!


Lemony!


Yeah, I put the "She" in their "nanigans" this year!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment