Monday, March 28, 2016

Winter Rebellion 2016

Howdy Folks!  Let's talk about the Winter Rebellion, shall we?  First off, I've not ever caught a fish during this annual event!  Never Ever!  I practiced fishing that location before the event-- in the rain!


Yes, I am fishing from the truck.

What's a "Winter Rebellion" you ask? 


It's a morning in which, I get up insanely early to freeze my bootie off (and all my other parts too), while attempting to catch fish!  Here is part of my set-up at zero-dark-thirty AM.  Ugh.  ;-)


As the sky was becoming lighter, I kept telling myself that these fish were going to turn on at any moment now!


Any moment now...  and can ya bite already fish, we're freezing out here!


Right about that time, Mike caught a brown trout!  Way to go, Mike!


And I was ready to catch fish.  Anytime now!  Umm, let's just untangle some line first!


Yikes,  I turn my back for two minutes and I'm reeling in a mess!


Ewww, a mess with a worm center.


Meanwhile, the guy next to me, fishing buddy Randy, caught a coho!


Way to go, Randy!


Jean and I were talking about how a plus of fishing the harbor is, that we're not getting our lures stuck in the trees.  Yet, Jean is soooo talented, that she managed to get her lure stuck in the flag pole rope!


 Seriously!

 

Logically, one would think all we would have to do is use the pulley and lower it down.  If only the swivel was not stuck on the other rope too!  That there is talent, Folks! 


The final weigh-in was interesting, as usual!  Tony had the biggest steelie!


Whitefish and suckers were also caught that morning!


Andrew won first place with the biggest brown.


Tony came in second with the steelie.


Let's do a brief recap here of my fishing, shall we?   I fished between Mike, who caught a brown, and Randy who caught a coho.  Jean caught a flagpole rope.  I caught nothing.  Nothing-- not even a flagpole rope!  Next year, I am sleeping in.  Just saying.  ;-)   Sigh














No comments:

Post a Comment