Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Burrr

Spring is here, but we're still having days with a little bit of snow!  Granted, this pic was from back in April, however, today is a brisk day with temps in the 50's.  See that white stuff on the shoreline?  That is a mixture of foam and snow! 


Since the weather was really windy and hail was falling from the sky at times, I decided to stay in doors.  My buddy Chuck and I went to Bass Pro and did some fly tying.   We ran into a Jonas kid, whom I used to live near in the small town of Wanatah.


I feel sorry for the bunny.  :-(



We also ran into several members from the ole Duneland Fly Fishers!  It was nice catching up with so many folk's!


Chuck ya gotta open your eyes if you want to learn fly tying!  ;-)


I'm still not very good at taking close up pics of flies.



I'll have to work on that.  I didn't take many, as I was busy helping Chuck tie his first wolly bugger!


The next day, the weather was even crazier!  The sun was shinning, and for a moment it was a nice 70 degree day...  and then it wasn't!


I happened to be heading right into the storm.


Sleet fell from the sky.


That April afternoon, the weather had calmed down and a blanket of SNOW covered everything!


I'm hoping for more traditional spring weather.  What happened to light showers at night and 60-70 degree sunny days?  No more high winds and sleet please! 


No comments:

Post a Comment