Thursday, May 12, 2016

Fish Tattoo

Yess, it's a sunny day!  Time to head to the creek and enjoy some sunshine!


Unfortunately, I couldn't stand the scenery or smell of the spot I had hoped to fish, for someone had a bad day.


On a more pleasant note, this furry critter was out taking a stroll:


I decided to target steelhead in a different part of the creek.  It wasn't long before I had one riding the hook!  However, steelhead are WILD riders and bringing them all the way in is another story.


Jean and Jamie met up with me.  They decided to use conventional gear, as opposed to the fly rod.  They had some trouble keeping the young'ins off the hook.


Jamie is daring.  She talked Jean into going out on a limb (literally) and collecting tackle with her. 


After the girls headed out, I went hiking at Salt Creek in Valparaiso. 


I stopped by Winnie-the Pooh's house, but he wasn't home.



The fish all seemed to be on vacation in this stretch of creek too!


Under the bridges are always the best fishing spots!  No wonder trolls live there!


I could see fish!!!  Although, like ghosts, they can be hard to capture in pictures!


Okay, time to get serious!  I decided to switch to conventional as well, just for the heck of it! 


Yes, fish really are like ghosts! I could see the big steelie, but it didn't show up in the pic!


All I managed to bring in on a big ole fly was a bunch of creek chubs and little ones!


I caught a bunch of chubs and babies on the conventional gear too.  This young steelhead has already reached the rebellious stage, as one can clearly see from it's tattoo!


Does anyone know how to interpret fish?

No comments:

Post a Comment