Monday, January 27, 2014

Skunked at the Quarry

The lampshade photo bombed Troy.  :)
 

Gladys has been making all kinds of things out of these bands lately.  Here is her newest creation:

Gladys went out to the quarry to skate while I fished.  It's hard to tell from the pic, but she swept a track off around the boat launch for a skating rink.


She is getting pretty good on those skates.


 Every now and then she'd skate out to the shanty to check on me and fish.


I started out fishing in 12 feet of water, but didn't have any bites, so I went deeper.


I moved to 20 some feet and still did not have any bites.  I placed the tip-up at a drop off of over 20 feet and it still had an untouched minnow on it at the end of the day.


After a few hours, we decided to go for a walk and fish near the creek.


I drilled the holes and water kept gushing up.  After 20 minutes we were pooled with about 4" of water and still no bites.  The depth there was also around 20 feet of water.


Gladys and I moved around looking for fish and we got skunked.


It was a nice and relaxing way to spend a Sunday afternoon though.


In other news, I tried a new church this past Sunday.  Our church was closed for the second Sunday in a row due to bad weather.  The new church had a bulletin with my good friend Mike's name in it, who happens to be a pastor.  Both the first and last name were the same, but it's not the same Mike.  I'm taking it as a sign of assurance though.


No comments:

Post a Comment