Monday, January 6, 2014

Snow Storm of 2014

Shhhh,
I'm hiding out from a bunch of snowball throwing kiddies.  It's perfect snowball making snow out there.

 

After dodging snowballs and throwing a few myself, it was sledding time.  Jean enjoyed sending her parents down the Slope of Doom.


Yeah, it was more of a relaxing ride down the hill.


And we wiped out Troy along the way.  My kid actually threw himself in the way, so we would use him as a human ramp.  How sweet, hehe.


Meanwhile, inside the house, I had a chuck roast cooking away in the crock pot, for Italian Beef sandwiches.  It's as easy as pouring a bit of Giardiniera in the crock pot, along with a chuck roast on top, sprinkling in Italian seasonings, and filling with beef broth.  Five hours later, it turns into a delicious sandwich filling.


 The kids made a chair.  Troy is trying it out.  They made a snowmom too.  :)


Now it's Glady's turn to try out the chair.


The snowmom has long twig hair, just like... um... me, I guess.   :)


Sledding can be a good workout-- or rather, walking back up the hill 20+ times.


Our neighbors, Laura and Joe, joined the sledding fun. 


Wipe-out!


Jean's poor car may be getting buried tonight, as we are expecting even more snow along with wind.


In other news, my niece is having twins.  I thought she had a boy and a girl in the oven.  Turns out she is having twin girls.  This is the set I was crocheting for her.  Now, I've set it aside to make two girly outfits.


Since my niece is into botany, I came up with decorating this dress with little snail pockets.  I'm planning on decorating the above, white dress, in a similar fashion, and making a matching beret for it too.


Seeing as how the weather forecast is showing a predicted high of -8, yes, the high.  It looks as though I will have plenty of time inside to crochet over the next day or so.

Stay Warm!



No comments:

Post a Comment