Monday, June 9, 2014

Asian Carp Redneck Tourney Heat 2

The weather was quite warm and I was concerned about the kids and I getting overheated with wearing the helmets.

 

Also, I had yet to see an actual fish jump from the river, so I thought we'd take our chances, let our ninja skills kick in, and not bother with wearing the helmets.


For the second heat, we went out with Matt on his boat, aka The Sasquatch.

Mike had some boat issues with his shark and him and Chris teamed up with another guy.
  
 We were a team of eleven people!

 

I was expecting to net a fish or two at least.


We had plenty of nets on board! 
 
 

I did see a few fish jump.

 

Most of them jumped about 20 feet from the boat and we didn't have a net with a long enough handle.

 

We drove out to a "hot spot" which was about 18 minutes up stream.
  

It was in a creek near an old power plant.

 

We were soo ready to net us some fish!
   
A couple fish jumped right by the side of the boat!  

  

No one could see the fish until it broke the surface, as the water was like coffee.

 

Even though I was expecting fish to jump, I screamed when one jumped close to me.  It really jumped up high and seemed to come out of nowhere.


The two hours passed quickly, and we still didn't have any fish to show for it.

Gladys netted a drum that was floating dead on the surface.
  
Troy was rather excited that his sister caught the only fish.

  

Matt played a trick on me and put the fish in his net when I wasn't looking.  Then he splashed the water with his net and pretended he caught another fish. 

 

He had his moment of fame, until I seen the fish was the same dead drum. :)
  

The prizes were three nets, a nice golden net, a nice silver net, and a little minnow net.

  

We didn't think we had a shot at any of the prizes, with just one dead fish.

 

But our team, Illni, came in FIRST and won all three nets with one dead drum!!!

 

How can that be?  Well, our team was the only team to bring in a fish for the second heat!!!   

We may not have truly had much of an opportunity to Redneck Carp Net, but it sure was a fun time anyways.  For me, that's the point of participating in tournaments.  Good Times!  :)

1 comment: