Monday, June 16, 2014

Chicago White Sox


One of the reason's (among many) for coming home this weekend, was to look at the future house I'm moving into.  Because it's in a secured location the drive is all I am able to show of it at this time.



Another big reason for heading north was to attend a Chicago White Sox game!  YAY!


The old Comiskey Field is now the new US Cellular Field.


Ironicly, I couldn't get good cell phone reception there at all!


Troy was amazed at how high up we were and our seats were only at the club level.



The weather was absolutely gorgeous that day.


The kids got to check out the Fundamentals deck, where there were several stations to play at.


The best thing for them was reaching the very top of the stadium seating.  :)


They enjoyed the sights from the nose-bleed seating section.


I thought it was rather cool up there too!


The kids enjoyed walking around the stadium and waving at Gramps from different areas of the park.


Frank Thomas posed with Glenn and the kiddies.  ;)


The kids were kept entertained watching the players warm up, as the stands began to fill up.


The section we sat in is a notorious foul ball territory.  Gladdie was showing off her ball catching plan, while annoying Glenn of course, hehe. 


They all could hardly wait for the game to start, so they could get in on the action.


I played a trick on Glenn a few years ago.  He went to the restroom, and while he was gone, a guy a few rows down from us caught a foul ball.  Well, the guy let me borrow it to play the trick on.  I had Glenn in awe for awhile, but since I couldn't stop laughing, he figured it out.


One of the games the kids and I played was like a Where's Waldo, only instead of Waldo we searched for Ronald.  Do you see him?


Hey, that's Ronald McDonald!


Yeah, we stalked Ronald for the first half of the game.  Had I known the Sox's were done getting runs after the first half, I woulda payed more attention.  Grumble@#$%!


South Paw made the kids laugh!


He reminded me of a friendly Oscar the Grouch.


Both kids had a loose tooth at the game.


They were able to eat cotton candy okay though.  I think Troy even managed to get some IN his mouth!


Giraffes have blue tongues too.


I sat between blue tongue and yellow cheese fries beardie.


Lucky me, he kept trying to swoon me with his cheesy kisses.  :-)


I don't know what this child was doing:


It was like, the stadiums filled, the lights came on, the sugar and soda pop kicked in, and my kids went crazy!


Time for this mama to go for a walk!


Naw, the kids weren't bad at all.  I was just kidding.  I was amazed at how into watching the game they really were!!!


Ya'all shoulda heard the roar of the crowd when Konerko came up to bat!  The score was 7 to 2 in the second half of the ninth.  There were men on first and second.  He was the only hope left to save the game....


And he struck out.  :(     He does look good in a mullet though. :)


Such is life as a Sox fan; at least the fireworks were spectacular!


No comments:

Post a Comment