Sunday, June 29, 2014

Flesh Eating Fish

Hi Everyone!

Sorry it's been a few days since I've had the chance to post anything on here.  I'm planning on making up for that this week though.  In the meantime, here's some of what I've been up to:

Troy and I checked out a store down here not far from Pendleton called Family Leisure.  The have all kinds of fun stuff in there, and will let shoppers try most of them out.  We sampled the swing sets, air hockey, massage chairs, and arcade games.  What a fun store! 


Later that afternoon, we had a supper picnic (Subway) on the beach at Saxony.


I thought it was odd no one was really swimming there.  I was hot and decided to go in the water to cool off a bit-- then I discovered why no one really swims there.  Flesh eating fish attacked me!!! 
Very hungry, little bluegills, bit me, several of them, and those little fish were aggressive!  I showed a group of kids, including Troy, how to catch em in a bucket.  No Indiana fishes are going to boss us around!


I know of ladies who pay big money for fish pedicures.  It actually grosses me out.  Besides, I got my entire body groomed by fish for FREE!  :)

(Pic borrowed from Internet)

So, after a swim, and catching fish in buckets, we took what skin we had left, and cooled off with a snow cone.


The snow cone truck was awesome, as it had the flavored syrup outside for the customers to dispense as needed.  Troy made us a suicide combo, (all the flavors combined).


I tuckered the little guy out.  In case you are wondering, Gladdie and Jean went to Kentucky to spend the week at a horse ranch.


The next day, Troy and I went to the quarry.  I kept seeing big fish, but kept catching little ones.
 

To solve my trouble, I decided to put on a big bass fly.  While I was doing so, Troy caught himself-- in his own words-- "a HUGE 6 inch bass"!  :)


I was busy trying to get a reaction from the big bass.  I had three big bass strike all on the 4 wt. and missed each one!  


Even my faithful dog, turned her back on me.


Thank goodness for spirit lifting bluegill!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment