Monday, June 30, 2014

Polka/Disco Torture

Over the weekend, my family I went to Valparaiso.  My niece Sherry is expecting to give birth to a little guy sometime in the next few months.  I crocheted him this little hoodie:


This past Thursday, was my 27th wedding anniversary, which we celebrated last week.  However, my husband strikes me with fear as he informs me that he has a surprise in store.  Oh, those words of terror, which I've heard so many times before!


This time was no different.  On the 3 hour drive to Valparaiso, he made a cd for us to listen to.  A sort of opera if you will, consisting of nothing but Polka and Disco music.  Yes, SERIOUSLY!  That's how he rolls.  Now don't get me wrong, I like a good Chicken Dance song at the occasional wedding reception as much as the next person, but 3 hours is just WAY TOO MUCH.  At the end of the trip, I had a mad hankering to go roller skating and play the accordion.


Saturday, was Mom's birthday, and we took her over to Coffee Creek park.  Gladdie picked black raspberries, Mom's favorite.


Afterward we all went over to the hotel for a swim in the pool and a soak in the hot tub.


Since we were in Valparaiso, partially on business, we stayed at the Hilton, which is actually in Chesterton, but close enough. 


Little Gladdie gave horseback rides.


Troy,  belly flopped, a lot.


The next day, on the way back to our house in Pendleton, the ball game was on the radio-- thank goodness.  :)  


To help break up the three hour drive, we stopped to visit Wildcat Creek in Lafayette.


No comments:

Post a Comment