Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Dunes and Bon Fire Party

Hello!  

The rest of this past weekend was just as fun-filled as Friday's ballgame.  Troy got to open his birthday gift from Grandma.  Which reminds me, I still owe that poor kiddo a party and a camping trip.  That will be coming up soon.  :)


Gladys and I spent the day together hiking at the dunes.


We hiked around the wetlands, then cooled off in the big lake.


Between wave jumping and rock collection, we played in the sand.


Lake Michigan was just as cold as I remembered it to be; brrrrrrr, ahhh refreshing


Gladdiator busted moves at the beach.  Her expression cracks me up, as she is in her ZONE!


We tried to find a bunch of Indian beads, but only found one.


After we were good and tired of swimming, we walked out to the lighthouse to fish.



I usually catch a couple smallies in the rocks, and often a few crazy gobies.


This time we both got skunked!  Plus, the lighthouse is being repaired, so I couldn't quite get to my usual hot spot.


We fished the rock side on the way back, and I searched for Skamania, which should be coming in heavy soon.  All I spotted was one HUGE catfish.


Later that evening, back home, Gracie's future in-law family came over.  Did I ever mention Gracie and Joe are engaged? 


The wedding is being planned for sometime in September of 2015.


Jean and her friend, Jamie did most of the work picking up dead branches for the bon fire.


Did ya'all know I have a pyromaniac side to me?  Well, I do.  I like me a good blazing fire, that's for sure.



We all roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores.


A couple years ago when the kids and I went camping, we met the campers next to us, and they invited us to share their campfire.  While we were visiting they roasted marshmallows with Rollo's inside them.


We didn't have any Rollo's with us this time, but one of these days I'm going to try that again.  It was soo good!


My kids and their funny expressions-- Grace photo-bombed Mom.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment