Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Home Hospital

Hello, hello -- I hope Y'all have enjoyed this past week-- (the weather has been awesome here!).  I have had my hands full running a home hospital.  :-)  Well, it feels like it anyway.  Unfortunately, my husband, Glenn, has been having a rough recovery from the hip surgery he had. 




Yesterday, was the first day, in quite some time, that I had an opportunity to do a little fishing.



I went to check out the fish in a local pond.  Just as the fly was about to hit the water, I hear my kiddo screaming at the top of his lungs!  I look up and he is running toward me with his arm covered in honey bees!!!


At first, I thought perhaps he had seen a snake.  He is telling me he got stung on his eye.  I helped him off with his jacket, which was swarming with bees.  Then I had to remove a stinger from his eyelid!  It's remarkable that his eye was the only place he was stung. 


Luckily, I had a bottle of ice water with us that made a nice ice pack to ease the swelling.  Really, his eye didn't look that bad when he first got stung.  I had gave him the official-- How Many Fingers vision test-- and he passed with flying colors.  Sheeeww, at least he can still see!


So, that evening we went to his forth grade open house at the school.  


Troy was doing well, and the open house seemed to help take his mind off the sting.


The next morning, his eye had done swelled shut!  Poor Kid.


My tough little man went to school anyways, bee sting and all.  He wanted to bring Sophie with him as his seeing-eye-dog, but had to settle for a seeing-eye-sister instead.  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment