Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Weekend in Jail

Hello, my growing number of blog readers!  I am happy to announce that I've now added a blog subscription feature.  When you submit your email, this feature automatically sends you notifications every time this blog is updated.  :)    Feel free to sign up! --------------------------------------------->

Saturday, the family and I went to a craft fair at Union Bible College in Westfield, IN.  The craft fair wasn't what we had expected (only a few venders), but we still managed to have a good time.  We played tetherball on the campus playground.

Jean and I are experts at the game, however, it was Gladdiator's first time playing.  She had thought the object of the game was to just NOT get WOLLUPED by the ball. 
   

After a few exciting games of tetherball, we explored the rest of what the campus had to offer.  The kids hunted wild animals and tried to see what they could make come out of this tree:


After capturing a spider and making friends with it, they played on the swing set.  I found a bag of bands halfway buried in the snowbank and Gladdie thought she had struck it rich!


The kids were especially intrigued with this main campus building/sanctuary...

 Because of the slide it had coming down from the steeple.


They were not allowed to try it out, as it is an official fire escape.  They considered setting the place on fire, (to try out the escape slide), but concluded that damp brick would not burn well.

 
And Ya'all wonder how I could possibly wind up in jail!  It's easy to do, my friends.
  
While I will admit, I do have pyromaniac tendencies, it didn't land me in the slammer.  Noo, this little warden made me go in there:

  
 We toured the Hamilton County Museum in Noblesville, IN.

 
This amazing piece of history was the home of the county sheriff and his family, as well as the county jail.  The men's jail was located in the back of the house.





The visiting/dayroom looked like this:



While the lady prisoner quarters were much nicer and located up stairs.


 

I was transferred to the ladies section and had a room with a very nice view:

 

After posting bail of, "if you don't let me out, I'll whip your hinnies." :)  I got to tour the rest of the house.  Why does my youngest son look as though he should be selling goods on the black market?

The museum had many charming features, and I couldn't help but to think how life would have been back then.  


 

Especially since nowadays I live in prison housing.  

Noblesville is a neat town, full of history.
 

Even the sidewalks are charming.


We had a fun-filled day Saturday, and while we were out, we stopped at Freedom Trail Park.


Our favorite feature of this park was the rock climbing.



Gladiator encouraged me to reach the top of this huge 50 story boulder.  Ok, fine, it was like 30 feet tall, but still, someone coulda got hurt.


Sophie liked hanging out at the park with us too; and this time, no curly slides.  :) Remember that time when Sophie followed me up the curly slide and Glenn came up behind me?  He told me he would take Sophie down and instead of taking her back down the steps as he implied, he sent her down the slide.  She  was so scared that she peed all the way down.  Then guess who's turn it was to go down the slide?  Served him right, hehe. 


After the park, we went to the movies.  We seen Mr. Peabody and Sherman.  Troy especially liked it, so much so, that he counted it as one of his blessings in church this morning.  I thought it was a cute movie.


 

I hope Ya'all managed to stay free from the slammer this weekend!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. That is a cool museum! My ex-wife and I used to frequently visit the downtown Noblesville area and spend all day window shopping.

    Gary K.

    ReplyDelete