Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Bank

Hi There!  

Lately, I've been eating some sort of salad everyday.  Here's one I really liked:


I almost always add chicken, or some sort of protein to my salad.  I find if I don't eat enough protein I am hungry to soon (and crabby).  Besides, protein is essential to building lean muscle.


In other news, I had a lantern incident a few weeks ago while ice fishing.  Time was ticking away and I was on some nice fish.  After reeling in a sweet crappie, I glanced at my watch and it was past time to leave.  Of course, I packed things up quickly and in my haste, I melted my gloves to the globe.  FYI-- The best way to clean melted glove goop off your lantern globe is oven cleaner.


I am also, in the market for new mantels.  I'll still use these a time or two more, but it's nice to be prepared.  Especially since this is a year I intend to do lots of camping!!  Yay!!


Friday, the weather here was back up in the 50's.  The ice around these parts is melting and becoming more and more unstable as the temps rise.  Thus, I've decided to pack up my shanty for the season.


Fishing really isn't that good in my kitchen, but I thought I'd give the shanty a good cleaning before storing it.  Also,I needed to melt the ice stuck to the carpet and let it thoroughly dry out.



Meanwhile, Jean, Sophie and I spent Friday afternoon out and about the town of Pendleton.  We started off at Fall's Park.



We walked around for a bit checking out the ice formations around the creek.


 There's something at the Fall's that just makes me feel good and relaxed.

 

 I did some fishing, natch.  ;)  It was the first time in about two months that I've touched my fly rod.  (I like this spot on the other side of the bridge for smallies.)
 

The bass this time of year are not really into chasing anything.  They are still in conserve mode.  I tried to entice them by dancing a Clouser streamer in the current.  Had I been able to fish longer, I know I would have landed a nice one.
 

However, Jean had a mission to find a prom dress.  Her and I really liked this one:
 



The others were ok, but the navy blue is still our favorite.




After prom dress shopping, we went out for supper at The Bank restaurant.  If you ever visit the little town of Pendleton, I recommend you stop in for a bite to eat at this historic place.

 

Jean and I shared the pork tenderloin platter, and were stuffed afterwards-- it's huge.

 

The restroom at The Bank is painted up all whimsical.



It cracks me up.


Rumor has it, that this is the very bank (when it was an actual bank), that John Dillinger robbed.  I didn't witness any crimes while I was there though.  :)







No comments:

Post a Comment