Monday, May 18, 2015

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time

Friday night, I attended Award's Night at Westville School.  Chancellor Dworkin, of Purdue North Central, gave a speech on the importance of reading.


My daughter, Gladys, was one of many who recieved a trophy for reading accomplishments in the Accelerated Readers Program.  I'm so proud of her!!!  :)

Friday night was a busy evening, that even included a mini-crises by Gladys of, "I have nothing to wear!" :)


Unlike The Grinch,  the Award ceremony went smoothly, once she got there, although, it did make for a late evening.  No worries though, because I was on the ball!!!  The truck was packed with stuff for the early morning tourney including waivers and trophies.  The trophies I labeled for Fishing Awards; they are desk sets.  My friend, Charlotte, found these cool gems at a discount store!


The weather here has been playing heck with my allergies lately.  In addition to getting to bed later than usual, I also took a Benadryl.  The alarm was set for 4AM.  Morning came before I knew it and I heard pouring rain hitting the bedroom window.  Glenn said, "You're not seriously having a fishing tournament in this storm; come on back to bed, Babe.".  And with that, my seductive husband twisted my arm so much, that I climbed back into the bed. 


What was I thinking!!??  I had a fishing tournament to run!  Was I thinking?  It was, after all, before coffee.  Do decisions made before coffee consumption even count?


After a few minutes of listening to rain and drifting off to sleep, I suddenly WOKE UP!  The rain had stopped.  Sheesh, I HAVE GOT TO BE THERE!!!!  I did a mad dash to get dressed.  Randy called, he politely asked if I was on my way.  All the way there, I pictured an angry mob of folk's ready to catch fish and completely dismayed at my lateness. 

  

Thankfully, Mark, Randy and Josh, picked up the slack for me.  They had a tent set up and got the competitors registered.  Being twenty minutes late to a fishing tournament that I am supposed to run was not a good idea.  Lesson Learned. 

  

The other day, the Laporte Newspaper printed an article regarding a gator sighting on Pine Lake.  I was lucky enough to spot the gator while fishing the tournament with my friend, Terry.  Do you see it in the above pic?


I had a great time, as usual, fishing with Terry.  We didn't catch a lot of fish.  In fact, I got completely skunked, but still had fun fishing.


As for the tournament, it was a success! 


The rain subsided, folk's had a good time, lots of fish were weighed in, and we raised some funds for the club.


Josh won First Place!  His top ten fish weighed 5lbs, 6.7 oz.


Mike came in second with  5lbs, 3.9 oz.


John came in third, with 5lbs, 1.5oz.


Congratulations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment