Thursday, May 28, 2015

Reward those Fish

There was a camera shy snake here:


It was the first snake I have seen this year!  I caught this pretty little sunfish and part of it's tail is missing.  I wonder if the snake snacked on it.



Jean and I fished for a couple hours.  I'm catching fish and she, for some odd reason, isn't.  So, she asked me to trade rods with her, and I do.  


Still, she cannot catch a fish, not even a cute little hungry sunny.  We decide to call it a day and as I'm putting away the flyrods I noticed it!!!  There's your trouble-- no hook!  Ooops, it must have broke!


The next day, we go to fish another place.  As we approached the water, we noticed a nest of eggs.


Expecting to see mama, coming to protect her nest, we checked out the area.  No mama in sight.  Do we sit on em till she gets back?  It crossed our minds.  :)


Meanwhile, as we are fishing and pondering adopting a nest of eggs, a dog decides to bathe in the creek upstream of us.


 He's just drinking up the creek and relaxing.


Jean teased me about giving her a rod with an actual hook on it this time!  So, to be safe, I gave her a little ultra light and she turned into a bobber watcher for the day.

 

My favorite way to catch fish is on flies that I have tied.  It cracks me up that they will actually fall for it.


Also, there's no bait to deal with.  With that being said, it is kinda nice to switch things up once in awhile though.


Top water flies are my favorite, because no matter how prepared I think I am for the strike, it still surprises me!


It's exciting to see fish come up and bite!


Maybe, I will start carrying fish treats with me to reward them with.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment