Saturday, May 9, 2015

Little Kankakee

 Ya know when you're traveling down a road like this, your destination has gotta be a GOOD ONE!


Spring trout fishing on the Little Kankakee River.  


It's time to play in the mud!


The trout opener for this river, was several days ago.


I thought I would get me a few, but I now know for next year that opening day is the day to fish it!


Still, I gave it a shot. I didn't catch me any trout though.



Some deep areas looked to be quite productive.  I didn't spend to long in any one area, as I was into explorer mode that day.


For the first time this year, I spotted a bass on the bed.


And had an encounter with a little psychotic black crappie that wanted to stalk me!?!


I kept expecting to see snakes.  Thank goodness I didn't!


I did get me a little bass though!


That evening I fished with Todd; he has the catfishing down!


Todd caught a bunch of catfish!  He offered me his Lucky Jig and then I started getting bites and got some too! :)


Maybe after catching a few more, I'll actually be brave enough to touch it.  Yeeeeeikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment