Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mixing it Up

 
Do you see the fish?  It's a foot long smallmouth bass in the center of this photo. 

Travis impressively reeled in a steelie on 4 lb test. 
 

Typically, I can count on the trusty ole bluegills to bite the fly; they're sweet like that. :)



And catching gills is fun and all, but sometimes I want more of a challenge.


It's been awhile since I used an open spin with a jig.  I tried for crappie, and still got me a gill!


Surprisingly, I got a cute little baby channel cat, too!


And one of these:


I owe it all to my buddy Todd, who got a rock bass. :)


I reeled in a steelie on 4 lb test too, but.... mine was just a little shy of the legal size regulations, I'd say. :)


Yup, it's a big turtle.


I found switching from my usual flyrod fishing style to jig fishing brought on some interesting results.  It was nice to mix it up a bit.  :)  Btw, I have no idea what type of fish this is that I'm holding:


2 comments:

  1. That old green coat is getting a little raggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed it is-- it's getting nice and wore out! :)

    ReplyDelete