Thursday, November 22, 2012

Easy Pleasy Banana Bread

 
Hi There! 
 
From time to time my computer decides to have nothing to do with pictures.  It's been an ongoing problem for years now and I cannot seem to get it figured out.  Anyway, yesterday's blog only had one of the goodies I made for the trip and I had intended on sharing the others with you too.  We'll get to them here in a bit, cause I can't wait to tell ya'all about Glady's actual birthday, which happens to be today! 
 
First, we drove up north today and met this handsome fellow, at the hotel.  He's my long lost son, the trucker, Glenn Jr. aka Hub.  He was excited to show us his latest hot rod Charger.  I was amazed. 
 
 
 
 
And twice over, because what was more amazing is he let his little sister, Jean drive it!


 
 
Question--What happens if you photograph yourself in a mostly dark hotel room?   Answer-- This Smurfy look: 
 
 
 
Gladys tell me she is writing a NOvel.  Then she says-- but what if I want to write a Circle.  Hahaha
 
 
 
 
Her best friend, Jackawawa, and Grandma joined us in the celebration.
 
 
 
 
Gladys had a really good birthday!
 
 
 
 
Remember the Artichoke Spinach Dip I made?
 
 
 
 
Well, here is a veggie turkey to go with it:
 
 
 
This turkey was actually from last year, but this year the kiddies and I are putting together one like it.
 
The other goodie I wanted to share with you is my Easy Pleasy Banana Bread.  Just as the name implies it's easy and pleasy-- very, very pleasy.
 


I mean, who doesn't like a slice a warm, buttery banana bread, anyways. 


 
 
My kids love this treat.  Plus, it's a great way to use up any extra ripe bananas you might have hangin around.  The bread bakes into a nice dense consistency and stays deliciously moist. I use a wooden spoon instead of a mixer, because I like the bits and pieces of banana.
 

Banana Bread Recipe

  • Prep time: 5 minutes
  • Cook time: 1 hour

Ingredients

  • 3 or 4 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour

Preheat the oven to 350°F. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix. Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Yield: Makes one loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment