Saturday, November 17, 2012

One WILD Night!

Oh Yeah!  Those of you that know me, know that I throw some extremely wild late night parties and last night was no exception.  To celebrate Gladys ninth birthday, I threw her a slumber party.  :)

She requested nah, begged me to make her an Oreo Ice Cream Cake. I was thinking more along the lines of a spice cake laced heavily with tranquilizes and topped with a rum sauce, (don't that just scream SLUMBER party), but she got her Oreo Ice Cream Cake instead.


 

The cake was super easy to make, and it was really, really good. Really! Btw-- please excuse my slight lack of sleep. The nice thing about this cake is it just takes Oreos, Coolwhip Frosting, and Ice Cream Sandwiches.
 
 
 

 
Begin by crushing 1/3 of the package of Oreos.  I used a baggie and rolling pin, but I'm sure there are far more creative ways to obtain the same result.  :)
 
Next, mix the crushed Oreos with 1/3 of the Coolwhip Frosting.  Regular Coolwhip will do, but the Coolwhip Frosting is the BOMB!   
 
Lastly, assemble the layers with a foundation of Ice Cream Sandwiches, the crushed Oreo mix, and a top layer of Sandwiches.  Top with remaining Coolwhip Frosting and freeze until ready to serve. 
 

 
 
Before this baby went into the freezer I added some Oroes so the frosting wouldn't stick to the foil covering.  Yummm!


 
 
I know this is Pendleton_Gal Gets Fit, but let's make an exception for birthday parties. Mmm-kay?
 
 
 
 
Besides, I done bounced all the calories off on the trampoline.
 
 
 
 
 
 
And successfully dodging a blindfolded birthday pinata buster.  :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment