Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Another Cortisone Injection

Sadly Dear Readers,
I've not had the best of luck when it comes to my health lately.  I try, what more can a gal do?  Sigh.  Yesterday, I woke up and couldn't walk.  My ankle was very swollen and I went to the doc that afternoon.

 

This is the same doc that did my foot surgery.  He uses an ultrasound to see what is going on.




And he took x-rays to rule out the possibility of a fracture.  Not that I recall injuring myself or anything.


Then he suggested a Cortisone shot to bring the swelling down.  What I did to deserve a shot whenever I visit the doc is beyond me.


I toughed it out.  After surviving childbirth, I could amputate my own limbs if I had to. The Doc thought that since I've suddenly been more active, the Compartment Syndrome played a role in my troubles.


He ordered me to stay off my feet for a week and rest.  Augghhh-- I'm seriously missing out on spring here.  :(
At least  I had a little spring visitor at my door last night, this cute lil tree frog:


Hopefully, after a week of rest I will be back to hoping around again too.


2 comments:

  1. I hope you get well soon! And THANK YOU for posting the Watergate Salad recipe. My family had it the other night and it was easy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete