Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Church service this Sunday was awesome and afterward Glenn asked me how much I had to pay pastor Ron to deliver that sermon.  The sermon was all about honoring Mom's.  :)  All the Mom's got pretty flowers to take home too.
 
 

After church my family and I headed out to Lake Summit for a ride on the pontoon.  This big black spider on the windshield went with:

 

The pontoon started right up at the house.


It was a different story once it was on the lake.  It would not start.


I had a feeling it was either a spark-plug or fuel issue.  So, instead of driving it all the way back to the house, I went to the nearby bait shop.


Scott, at Gittin Jiggy, helped me diagnose the trouble.  Scott, Anita and Mike are so nice at that place. Turned out it just needed a new o-ring on the fuel filter.  I left the toon there, and made a quick trip to the hardware store.


After putting on the o-ring, it started right up, and we were off enjoying the lake. 


The kiddies were into swimming.


At least until the thunderstorm started rolling in.



I heard the thunder off in the distance and the winds began to pick up, so we headed back to land.


Troy was very scared of the storm, but we were well on our way back to Pendleton before it began pouring.


I'm glad we decided not to ride it out, as hail the size of marbles fell on the porch after I got back to the house.


All in all, despite having a few issues to deal with, it was a wonderful Mother's Day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment