Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Boot

Yay, it's Memorial Day weekend!  
 

Saturday my family and I went out to Summit Lake to enjoy the warm weather and relax on the water. 


I am in pain with my foot--still.  The doc has ordered me to rest it this week, and when I do have to be on it I've got this very hot and clumsy air cast aka walking boot to wear.  Sigh.


I am really trying to avoid another foot/leg surgery if at all possible.  The thing is, I am not the sit at home and rest type of person.  However, sit on the pontoon and eat kind of person-- eh, maybe. 



I made wraps and cucumber tomato salad for a picnic lunch on the toon.


We went for a swim after lunch; including Sophie.  My lil dog loves the water!!!

 
After lunch was a full agenda of RELAXATION to attend to!

Napping on the pontoon is like being rocked to sleep at night by gentle lake waves.  The occasional screams of happiness from the kids playing; a lullaby sailing me off into dreamland.
 

While resting on the toon, I didn't wear the boot.  Usually, I either had my feet in the water or elevated over the edge of the boat.  After I took the prescribed pain meds, I was pretty much in zombie mode for the remainder of the trip.


Apparently, Sophie was eager to get back to land.  I think I have flustered her by not fishing.


Jean was very helpful in loading and unloading the boat.  Especially since their was a slight problem with a fuel issue.  It seems as though somehow to much water got in the gas tank.


Glenn did some research on it and took care of the issue with a polisher; a device that attaches to the fuel line and collects the water.


The kids requested a trip to the beach.  So before heading back to the house, we made a pit stop at the beach for some playtime in the sand and water.


Have you ever noticed, after being in the hot sun and then returning to an air conditioned environment at a normal temp, how freezing cold it feels?  


On warm days, I tend to get chills for several hours after coming in from the heat.  Maybe my thermostat is broke.


The next day, Sunday after church, Troy and I went to Fall's Park.  Before I was even out of the truck, Troy comes running up to me with a fish on his line!!!


He was reeling the bluegills in like crazy!


Cast after cast, he kept bringing them in.  He released each one and was so proud of himself!   My job was resting my foot and giving him a hand taking fish off the hook.
 

I hope to be back on my feet soon.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment